Thursday, October 20, 2011

Kitchen Deconstruction

On Tuesday I started to show you the Parents new house and all the work that they are doing to make it their own.  Today it's all about the kitchen.  The situation is very similar to the master bath.  Lots of wallpaper and border, unprepped walls,  with lots and lots of hard work.  So hard in fact that we wore out the dog.

DSC_0016

Who am I kidding this is what George likes to do everyday!  Okay on to the kitchen!  Again, the existing color palette was mauve and teal...everywhere.  From the walls to the floors to the countertops it was on almost every surface.
Before:

DSC_0229
from the dining room looking into the kitchen

DSC_0225
the sitting/breakfast area off the kitchen (hi Dad!)

And now the in progress shots during all the hard work.

In Progress:

DSC_0007
from the dining room into the kitchen

DSC_0008
the sitting/breakfast area off the kitchen

Did I mention that the Parents will have an incredible view from their kitchen and sitting area.  You can start to see it out the windows in that last pic.  It was also close to the peak of color for Fall where they live so I got to fast forward my Fall and see some really beautiful color.
As of last night my Mom and Aunt have been working on the kitchen walls for 11 days, peeling paper, washing down walls, priming and now painting.  I have a great shot of them hard at work but I'm sure they appreciate that I'm not sharing with the world.  They are standing on a ladder, their butts in the air, trying to peel the last of the paper from around the refrigerator.  I can't wait to see it again when I return in a view weeks.  There is still a bit of work to be done.  Walls are being painted, countertops are being selected and I need to get cracking on some great fabrics for the windows.  I'll update you as this story progresses. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm lovin' this! That breakfast nook is my favorite spot. It's going to look like a totally different place. I can't wait to see what your Mom and Aunt and you come up with. It already looks more welcoming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee, Your family is so blessed to have you for a daughter and sister, niece, cousin etc...you are awesome and I am proud of you too. We are glad you are now a part of our family too. We are enjoying all of your creations!
    Love, MW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how far we have come! Thanks for all your help.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...