Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Inspiration

So I'm going to throw out a little Friday inspiration to take you into the weekend. I finally sat down last night and looked through a big stack of magazines that had been staring back at me for a few weeks. One of the looks that really caught my eye was this little family room/study by Windsor Smith in the Dec/Jan issue of House Beautiful.


I know this is going to sound weird but I get way more excited looking a pictures in print.  The rooms seem to come alive for me off the page.  After seeing this image in the magazine I went to the computer to add it to my inspiration files.  I have to say, even though it's the same image I had a much more emotional response to the printed copy than the picture here. It makes me wonder even more what it would be like to flip through some of my favorite online mags.  It's just not the same curling up with the laptop than it is to actually have paper in hand. Is that weird?  Does that ever happen to you too?

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree! There's just something missing with online mags. I love the feel of curling up with a newly-arrived mag and working my way through page by page. While the iPad is handy, I would really miss my printed mags! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee -- I definitely agree with you! There's nothing like pouring over every detail in a magazine. And the feeling that you can look at the same image in 6 months and see something you hadn't noticed before.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...