Thursday, November 3, 2011

More Treasures from the Past

I'm still digging through my childhood junk mementos that my Mom sent home with me after a visit a few weeks ago.  The latest boxes had lots of letters from family and friends that I got thoughout my high school and college days. (Remember when people wrote actual letters?)  It was so nice to relive those moments from their lives all over again.   I also found one or two things to share that are actually decor related!

First up, a piece of the wallpaper selected by me and installed by my mother when I redecorated my room at the age of 12. (so sorry about the lo-fi quality of the iphone pics!)
My little girl wallpaper

I loved this paper with it's delicate blue flowers on a twisting vine with pale pink pinstripes and gold dots.  How could it not be awesome.  Seriously, considering it was selected by a 12 yr. old during the 1980s I think it's a pretty nice choice.
In general, I've always thought it was a bad idea to do any major decorating at such a pivotal age. To paraphrase Brittany Spears (I can't believe I just typed that, ugh) "I'm not at girl, not yet a teenager."  I was more than ready for more of a room that looked like me but I also decorated every surface and wall with teddy bears.  By the age of 15 I was BEGGING my mom to get rid of the dainty wallpaper and all those teddy bears.  I have some of those bears in a box downstairs if you really need proof.

I also found these ceramic book ends, made by my next door neighbor and gifted to me around the same time as the wallpaper and all those bears.

A to Z

They're keepers, right?  I think i like them.  I don't know where they're going to live but I'll find somewhere, eventually. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...