Monday, October 11, 2010

Can This Be Made Fabulous? - the foot

Do you remember this dresser:


Well, as with most things around here it has taken longer than I originally thought to get it painted.  The work has finally been done but before I make the big reveal I thought I'd show you a funny little detail that emerged after the first few coats of paint.


It has TWO toes with nails on each foot that looks a bit crude and creepy all at the same time.  There's an almost human quality to it in person.  It makes me laugh every time I see them.  It definitely adds an unexpected layer of character to the piece.  Probably not something I would have chosen but now that I have it I love it.  So what do you think?  Fun?  Creepy?  Disturbing?  I give it two toes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...