Monday, August 9, 2010

My Little Pelmet Project

On Friday night I FINALLY finished the DIY pelmet project that I had bought fabric for months ago.  It was super easy and I'm still not sure why I waited so long to take care of it.  I can't thank Jenny from Little Green Notebook enough for this easy tutorial that made the project a snap.   I started with a couple of pieces of foam core:

 
Then taped the pieces together with duct tape:


the Puppy clearly became bored with the whole affair and found something better to do:



Wrapped it with fabric and batting and stapled everything down smoothly then added nail head trim:


And here it is finally installed in the dormer window in the Master bedroom.  Now I just need to paint the bookcase below and try to take a better picture so that you can see the whole effect.

 
Thanks again to Jenny's tutorial from last September for making this so easy. 

5 comments:

  1. That looks great! This reminds me I need to get on finding window treatments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT job!! I love the nail head trim!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome! I would be so intimidated doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, once I finally had all the supplies it was really easy. In Jenny's version she actually did a shape but I'm not sure I would have the patience for that. I decided to get my shape with the nailhead trim.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...