Monday, August 30, 2010

The Lost Weekend

Pardon me while I leave the design observations to talk about yarn for awhile....

So I got this incredible urge to knit again last week.  It's a hobby that I enjoy during the cooler months but usually during hot weather I put the needles down.  I started by working on a scarf that I started sometime last year and abandoned for more interesting projects.  I thought it would be nice to start slow, to see if I even remembered how to knit and purl.  By Friday night I had a full on fever for new projects.  I spent the evening searching for new patterns/ projects and couldn't stop thinking about it when I went to bed.  Saturday morning I went out and bought the supplies to make this:


Okay, so I don't have the budget or skill for cashmere, but I thought I'd give it a try with some nice wool and maybe work my skills up to the level of cashmere for next time.  When I got home I decided that I should finish that old scarf before I started something else, but along the way I stumbled across this little cowl:


I immediately dropped everything and spent the rest of my Saturday night making it.  (I know, I lead such an exciting life!)  By Sunday morning I had finished:


I will definitely use bigger needles than the pattern called for next time.  Over all I"m happy with the project and look forward to trying it again.  The rest of the weekend was spent in a knitting haze.  Now clear eyed on Monday I wish I could have my weekend back but am excited for projects to come. 

A clear headed design mind will be back tomorrow.  Happy Monday! 

3 comments:

  1. Love the scarf. The cowl looks like way too much for my neck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that scarf at the top of the page. I can't wait to see it when you are done! What color?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm using an Alpine Wool called vanilla. It's a creamy white. I started it last night. We'll see how it goes I really have to pay attention!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...