Monday, August 8, 2011

A Library: Before

Today I wanted to share another project that I'm wrapping up.  It's actually part of this project that I shared a couple of weeks ago.  This room was the main tv watching area for the family.  It had a hard working wood burning fireplace but NO storage.  My client is an avid reader (an understatement) and wanted a place that she could display and store her books instead of keeping them squirreled away in closets and under beds.  She also wanted it to still be a comfortable place for the whole family to gather for movie night as well as a place to curl up with a good book.  Let's look at the befores.



As you can see the work had already begun.  The trim was painted white.


The fireplace mantel, hearth, and fireplace insert were removed.



And some of the kitchen appliances were stored.  Then as an inspirational jumping off point I left the client some paint swatches to get a feel for what she wanted for the room.


This is typically not how I start designing a room but it was the nature of how this project needed to proceed.  A color was picked and then the real fun began.  Tune in tomorrow for the big reveal!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...