It's so nice that everyone has his or her place. Having lots of storage and more ways to keep myself organized is great. I tend to have piles of things about me so I'm looking forward to using these handy dandy labeled storage boxes to keep my clutter in check.
My Great Grandmother's dresser (also my changing table as a baby) fits perfectly into the dormer to house my GINORMOUS printer. We also managed to get a few things hung on the wall to make it feel more like a finished room.
We still have quite a few things left on the to-do list:
- finish organizing the shelving
- install a new closet system and move the file cabinets from the old office (downstairs) into the new, highly functional, closet.
- find new knobs for the closet doors and maybe paint them black. I LOVE black doors but I'm also digging the seamless all-white look of that wall. What do you think? Paint them black or leave them white?
- make a decision about window treatments. I have a swatch or too but I haven't seriously started the hunt for fabric yet. I keep hoping a magical deal will fall into my lap.
- find a rug - I've already started looking and I like this one, but I'm not quite ready to commit
- find a new work table - we're using a drop leaf table that belonged to the Husband's grandfather but it's not quite big enough. It will work though until I stumble across one that will be perfect. I can be patient.
We've still got a ways to go but I am very excited about the journey!