Friday, July 16, 2010

A Friday Favorite


I love my half scale dress form.  I actually own three dress forms.  Does three make a collection?  I own a full size one that stays in the bedroom and wears favorite jewelery and accessories.  I also have a small paper mache one in the kitchen.  It all started about 15 years ago with this one.    She's my favorite.  I found her in a closet in the sewing room of my college.  I used her in a display for my Visual Merchandising class.  I begged Mrs. McGoldrick for her on an almost daily basis after that.  She came home with me on the day I graduated.  I am forever grateful to Mrs. McGoldrick for putting up with me and for letting me keep her!  


My sewing skills are less than stellar.  But she always likes to remind me that I could find myself in an episode of Project Runway at any moment.  She's like a piece of art. 


Isn't she lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...