Tuesday, August 16, 2011

While I Was Away

Last week I took a little trip home.  I got to spend some time with my family, I heard some great bluegrass and old time music and I got a hellacious sunburn from tubing on the river with my Sweet Husband.  I also took almost no pictures.  Here's a tiny taste of my week away.

Just before we left town my Sweet Husband had a birthday.  His Mama made him a cake and we sang the song and he blew out the candles.  

...and many more

On Sunday I went to the Decoration with my family and ate entirely too much, but I did have an amazing view of the mountain.

First Peak from Lovelace Cemetary

Then we spent some time at the Galax Fiddler's Convention.  Monday night is the kids competition.  It's amazing to hear such talent out of someone so young.  Makes me wish I had practiced more when I was little! We had seats down front but the rain chased us into the grandstand.  Only the umbrella clad stayed in their seats.

Fiddling in the rain

Then we had to decide what to eat!

Fiddler's Food

Also while I was home I got to see my former dog (now my parents dog) George.  He's such a sweet boy.  He was recently diagnosed with diabetes.  After a few days that were very touch and go they got him on an insulin regime and he looks AMAZING.  It's like he's a new dog all over again and we are so happy to have him back.  Doesn't he look happy too!

Georgie Boy

I don't have any pics of the tubing trip on the New River.  It was very beautiful.  The river was moving very slowly and I was in the sun with my lily-white skin for longer than expected.  I still have a softball sized spot on my left shin that you could fry an egg on.  Not pretty. 

Now back to playing catchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...